Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 30
Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 30
The first place Liliana went to after she quickly recovered, was the Pope's office. Urban I opened his mouth to her question about Saint Agnes with a calm expression.
“Saint Agnes was unhappy with the Imperial Family, the Armand family, and the Temple.”
After the first Saint Adelaide, the seal on the gates of the demon realm was closed. Afterwards, the saints who were produced were stepping up to strengthen the seal, but thanks to the efforts of the saints for three generations, those who became accustomed to peace started to take their efforts for granted.
When Saint Agnes came to the age, the value of her existence was further devalued and the Duke of Armand, who enjoyed the status of a duke because of her status, became nervous. Meanwhile, an opportunity came to the Duke, who was desperate to consolidate his power. Prince Samuel, who wanted to leave the blood of a saint in the imperial family for the advancement of a unified theocracy, proposed to Agnes.
Although the Duke knew that there was a lover who promised Agnes a future, he accepted the marriage. Naturally, Agnes' extreme refusal followed.
“Was the lover’s name Ezekiel?”
As the Pope's story matched the scenes of her dreams, Liliana felt goosebumps in her arms. Did she really peek into the past? She asked the Pope to confirm. The Pope paused and nodded her head.
"Yes, that’s right, Saintess. He was then the second son of Count Klein. I know that they fell in love with each other while he was guarding the saint as a holy knight.”
Liliana looked at Noel in surprise. It was surprising how similar their situation was. Holding his hand, she asked a question she was curious about.
“But, the Temple was supporting the Saintess. Couldn't the Temple stop the marriage?"
“As long as Saints continued to be born, the futures of Saintesses were irrelevant. The Pope at the time was an ardent supporter of the emperor and was a very self-interested person.”
“What a shame.”
No one was on Agnes's side...…. Liliana bit her lip in frustration and resentment. The Pope shared the hidden story with a bitter smile, as if he had read her mind.
“The imperial family and the Duke worked together and had Ezekiel enter the war against a foreign power in order to persuade her to give up on him under the tacit approval of the Temple. Upon learning that her lover had died, Saint Agnes…… She was so broken-hearted that she threw her life away.”
Noel frowned at the story he had never heard before. Even if it was part of the former Count Klein, wouldn't he be related to the present Duke Klein? He had never even heard of an ancestor named Ezekiel.
“Why is it still unknown to this day?”
“…… The imperial family, Duke Armand, and the Temple, disguised his death as a soldier and concealed the truth in order to hide their mistake in causing the Saintess to kill herself. They kept the secret, but informed only the successors of the truth just in case. This is how the years have passed without telling the truth, because successors take oaths before they know the truth.”
It was an oath that made it impossible for him to come forward and reveal the truth. The Armand gradually declined and those who knew the truth disappeared. However, when Liliana appeared and asked about the story of Agnes, he was finally able to open his mouth. The pope could feel a part of his heart finally relieved.
“The Goddess was greatly indignant at those who drove her surrogate to death. A karma fell upon those that drove the Saintess to her death. The Armand family lost their reputation and gradually declined as they could no longer produce saints, and the descendants of the imperial family began to die. The royal throne, whose legitimacy was threatened, gradually passed over to an indirect family line, and the blood of the Crown Prince Samuel faded. The Temple also had to deal with the demonic beasts that escaped through the cracks, so they paid the price for the saint’s absence.”
After the Pope's story was over, Noel and Liliana remained silent until they returned to their room. The fact that they peeked into the past hardly seemed real. Lilliana suddenly forgot that she was walking and was deeply lost in thought.
‘Did all my dreams with Noel mean that the Goddess wanted us to meet after being reincarnated…….'
Thinking about it, the Goddess made them meet in their dreams. However, she had done such obscene acts without knowing the deep meaning of it. As Liliana stumbled for a moment and staggered, Noel lifted her up and carried her to her bed, and placed her in his arms.
“It looks like your body hasn't fully recovered yet.”
“Oh, no, that’s not it…… I didn’t realize what the will of the Goddess was and I, to Noel...… I am ashamed at what I did.”
Loud laughter was heard above her head. Noel looked at her cutely and tucked her light brown hair behind her ear.
“Well, me too, I also got hard for Lily from the beginning.”
Liliana's eyes widened at the words that were clearly teasing her. Noel smirked and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly and stroking her back. His low, soft voice tickled her ears.
“At the time when I was first in the Temple, Valerie kept appearing in my dreams. After several such incidents, I somehow felt that it was my mission to serve the Goddess. So, as soon as I was ordained as a knight, I returned to the temple despite opposition from those around me.”
Liliana also knew that Noel Klein had become a holy knight and the Empire was noisy for a while. However, she did not know that there was a reason for him to become a holy knight, so she looked at him with eyes wide open.
“I didn’t know there was a reason for that. I thought it was because Noel was so devout.”
“I didn’t know why I suddenly had such intense thoughts. I just thought I had to do it. Now that I think about it, I think I did it to wait for you, and then get to closely meet with you. The Goddess answered me when I met Lily.”
“The Goddess answered to you?”
“I prayed for a while, but there was no answer, and she only gave me an answer after meeting you. It was as if she was telling me to do as I wished.”
Listening to him talk, it somehow struck her that their relationship had been going on from a long time ago. Lilliana put her arms around his neck, raised her waist, and kissed him. It felt sweet to touch each other's lips after a long time. They craved each other’s breath until they ran out of breath. Lilliana opened her mouth to say something feeling that if she didn’t express it now, she would never be able to.
“Noel.”
“Yes, Lily.”
"I love you. I would have loved you even if our previous life hadn’t happened.”
Blue eyes widened open. Noel slowly smiled as he fiddled with his ears. He smiled brightly, with his eyes curled like a crescent moon and tears forming in his eyes.
“I love you too. Liliana. I love you with all my heart.”
Their lips met again. They were thankful to the Goddess for letting them meet again and the lovers' lips did not fall apart for a long time.
* * * (read on pink-grapes.blogspot.com)
[Previous Chapter] [TOC] [Next Chapter]
Comments
Post a Comment