The Confinement Ending I Loved - Chapter 30
The Confinement Ending I Loved - Chapter 30
The tension that had been flowing in the room disappeared and an awkward silence settled.
And finally, a completely unexpected word flowed out of the man’s mouth.
“Master.”
The assassin spoke to me as if he had been waiting for me to call him that.
After a very short time, the moonlight that had been shining on the back of the man’s head moved slightly and illuminated his side profile. Only his figure shone brightly in the pitch-black room.
Between the hood and mask, I could see the familiar, deep purple eyes.
… No way.
No way……?
The man’s large eyes gently curved at my expression, which was gradually changing as I realized the identity of the assassin who had come to kill me. And as if to add more confidence to my guess, he threw away the hood that had been covering his hair.
The mysterious blue hair, reminiscent of mermaid scales, revealed its splendid appearance under the moonlight.
When the mask covering his eyes was finally pulled down, I froze in place with both hands covering my mouth. I couldn’t believe it even though I was seeing it with my own eyes.
No matter how I looked at it, the man in front of me was the Enoshi Roy Erhardt I had been waiting for.
“… Roy?”
As I said that name again, he quickly approached me as if he had been waiting and hugged me. The warm body temperature that was too familiar, but that I had longed for, spread throughout my body.
I hastily hugged his broad back without even noticing that the shawl around my shoulders had fallen to the floor. My heart was beating properly. He was not a ghost, nor an illusion. He was the real Roy.
As soon as I accepted that fact, my emotions naturally surged and my body began to tremble. The tips of my fingers that held him tightened. The pitch-black clothes he was wearing crumpled in my hands.
Roy buried his face in my shoulder and took deep breaths as if savoring my scent. His deep, low, and sweet breathing tickled my ear.
We stood in the quiet darkness for a long time, embracing each other’s bodies, confirming that we were alive.
And finally, he spoke carefully as if confessing the feelings he had kept in his heart for a very long time. These were the words I had longed to hear.
“I missed you, Master.”
“I continually waited, for you to come.”
I said this while quietly embracing him.
The moment I saw Roy’s face, I felt as if all the anxiety and nervousness that had been building up in my heart had been washed away. And at the same time, my eyes turned red.
I buried my face in his chest and sobbed quietly.
It might have been because the time I had waited for him had been longer than I had thought, and it might have been because I was so happy that I couldn’t believe that Roy was right in front of me.
But unlike the people here who didn’t know how their fates would unfold, I already knew the original story, and I also knew how this world would unfold after Roy disappeared.
Nevertheless, I couldn’t help but cry because all the times I had waited for him were sincere.
The times I had endured Roy’s absence and the pain I endured while believing in his promise were true emotions that I had personally felt. Everything I had for him was desperate.
Even though I knew that his rebellion would end in success, and even though I knew that he would come for me in some way, when I thought about all the moments that had made my heart ache, all of these moments were new and touching, and I couldn’t bear it.
Roy gently hugged my shaking shoulders and patted my back. Then, as if to soothe me, he kissed my earlobe repeatedly until my shoulders stopped shaking. The moist sound echoed in my ears.
As the familiar body temperature and warmth touched me, my startled heart gradually calmed down, and the emotions that had been welling up gradually found their place.
Roy confirmed that my breathing had calmed down, and placed his hands on my cheeks to raise my head. He carefully wiped away the reddened corners of his eyes, and after confirming that the crying had stopped, he immediately apologized to me.
“I’m sorry, Master. I made you wait so long.”
“…….”
“I will accept any punishment. Please let me keep the promise I made to you before.”
“Promise?”
When I asked him that, Roy answered with a slightly disappointed tone.
“You haven’t forgotten, have you? The promise I made to make you my only master.”
“How could I forget. I have never forgotten.… But how did you get here?”
Before, he was a slave who could freely wander around with my permission, but now he was the emperor of an empire. It wouldn’t have been easy to be allowed to wander around in the middle of the night without an escort.
He answered my question with a slightly embarrassed smile. It seemed like he had no intention of telling me how he got here.
Instead, I got an unexpected answer from Roy. It was the answer I wanted to hear.
“I came to pick you up, Master.”
“…….”
“I will make you my sole master as I promised. Come with me, Master.”
He looked straight into my watery blue eyes and held out his hand to me.
I looked back and forth between the hand that was held out to me and his face. His smile, shining beautifully in the moonlight, was no different from that of someone who promised a happy future. He had a bright face that seemed to be waiting for a bright, rosy future.
But I knew. What kind of future would unfold for me the moment I held his hand, without even mentioning where he was going to go or how he would make me his master.
It certainly wouldn’t be a happy future to others.
However, there was no happier ending for me.
I tried hard to suppress my overwhelming emotions and straightened my expression. And without hesitation, I grabbed Roy’s hand.
“Okay. Let’s go, Roy.”
It was the moment that signaled the beginning of the ending of confinement that I had been hoping and hoping for.
[Previous Chapter] [TOC] [Next Chapter]
Comments
Post a Comment