Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 12

Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 12

A few days later, Liliana, who was invited by Diana to visit the County of Ethel, sat down at the table, looking anxiously at the face of her troubled friend.  

"What's going on, Diana?"  


“Lily.  Will you believe what I'm saying?"  


Liliana's pupils shook violently.  Just what was she going to say that she was setting the mood so seriously?


“If I don’t believe you, who would I believe, Diana?”  


“I tried not to say anything because I thought you would take care of it, but no matter how much I thought about it, I felt like I was deceiving you, so I had to say it.  I'm sorry, Lily."  


“……  What is it?”  


“Did you know that Count Alphonse had a commoner lover?”  


Ian had a lover who was a commoner?  This was the first time she was was hearing this. Liliana's mouth grew wider and wider as Diana's story continued.  She couldn't hide her confusion at the shocking story.  


He had a woman who promised him her whole life.  Despite the objection of his parents, he hid his lover in his private villa and stayed with her.  


“She was so secretly hidden that only a very few people knew about it.  I only happened to find out by chance.  Because that woman and the cottage where she lived was right next to our estate.”  


"No way……  Are they still seeing each other?”  


"No.  A few years ago, she was said to have contracted an incurable disease and died.”  


Liliana's expression darkened at the unexpected news.  An incurable disease...…  However, she was also surprised by the behavior of her friend who didn't think well of him because of a story from several years ago. 


“What happened to that woman was bad, but……  If it was a few years ago, wouldn't it have nothing to do with me?"  


Hearing her, Diana closed her eyes and clasped her hands over her table.  


"That is……!  In fact, I was so curious that I went near her and saw her?”  


“I’m not surprised, my friend.”


Being a tomboy friend who enjoyed gossip and couldn't resist curiosity, it wasn't surprising that she snooped there out of curiosity about Count Alphonse's lover. But the ensuing story was rather shocking.  


“But that woman looked very similar to you.  For a moment I mistook you for the Count's lover."  


“…… What?"  


“When I heard that you were engaged to Count Alphonse, the first thing that came to my mind was that woman.  Seeing that he was very sincere to you, I thought that he might have forgotten about the other woman, but I thought you should know...…  I'm really sorry to upset you, Lily."  


Diana pondered countlessly as to whether or not she should tell Liliana about this.  But when she saw a noticeable change in Liliana's style due to Count Alphonse, and the strangely depressed look on her her friend’s face, unlike Count Alphonse, she decided.  


Knowing how desperately the Count had loved the dead commoner woman, Diana feared that her own friend might be considered a substitute.  So, even with the risk of estrangement, she told Liliana about this.  


“No, no…….  Thank you for telling me, Diana.”  


Liliana's mind was tangled up in confusion.  The commoner woman looked like me?  When she thought about it, there were a few things that made sense.  He said that he had fallen in love at first sight, and sent her a courtship letter without even saying a word to her, the way he looked at her sadly from the first time she met him...…  


Liliana sprang up from her seat.  Let’s just ask him instead of spending time being concerned.  Wouldn’t he tell her if she said that she heard some rumors? Since he was always kind to her, she did not think that he would not answer.


“Diana.  Can I leave first?”  


"Yes.  Go ahead, Lily.”  


“Send a letter when you arrive at the estate.  I know you told me this because you were thinking of me.  Thank you, Diana.”  


“Thank you for believing me, Lily.”


Liliana left the County of Ethel after hugging the weeping Diana.  After she told her coachman to go to Count Alphonse’s, she closed her eyes and tried to calm her confused mind.  


* * * (read on pink-grapes.blogspot.com


Upon arriving at the Count's residence, the butler, whom she had seen several times, greeted Liliana.  It was obvious that he was flustered because of her sudden appearance, but Liliana, who was in a hurry, ignored him and spoke only of her business.  


“Aren’t you Miss Liliana?”  


“Where is Sir Ian?”  


“The Count is in the office now.”  


"Thank you."  


The location of the offices of the aristocratic families were similar, so as soon as she heard the butler's words, she hurried up the stairs.  


As she passed through the silent hallway and stopped in front of the office door, a faint moan could be heard from inside the room.  


'What sound is this?' 


Liliana, who hesitated to knock, opened the door slightly and peeped inside. The well-oiled door opened silently and smoothly. Liliana, who peeped into the office, forgot to breathe at the sight she saw l through the door, and covered her mouth.


Ian was sitting at his office desk, masturbating alone with a small canvas on his face.  


"ha…… ha……  Layla...…  Layla...…  Heuk.”  


His lower body was hidden from view because it was covered by the desk, but the sound of wet liquid and his moans were vivid.  


When Liliana saw him masturbating while he called another woman by name, she was shocked and she had no choice but to stand there blankly.  Ian's hands got faster and faster, and soon he reached his climax.  


“Keuk!……  Layla...…!  ha…….  I love you……  Layla.”  


Liliana stared blankly at him as he put the canvas back on the desk and pulled up his pants.  


Her brain seemed to have stopped thinking at the shocking sight.  Standing with her mouth covered, with unfocused eyes, she came to her senses at Ian's hard voice.


“There, who is it?”  


When she turned her eyes, she saw him approaching her with a firm expression on his face.  She became flustered and hurriedly let go of the door handle and staggered away, but she let out a painful groan at the strong grip that grabbed her arm.


He dragged her into the office and closed the door before releasing her arm.  


“What are you doing here? Opening the door of my office without permission.”


“Th, that.”  


Liliana couldn't get her words out because she was taken aback.  His face, which always had a kind smile, was frighteningly stiff.  Liliana closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  Calm down, Liliana...….  calm down…….  


“I’m sorry I peeked without your permission, Sir Ian.  But I think there's something I need to hear.”


“……  Did you seen it all?  ha……  So, why did you come here without a word?”  


Liliana's fever rose slightly by the brazen appearance of him blaming her. She glanced at Ian with a cold face, and strode up to the desk where the mysterious canvas lay. In addition to the painting Ian was looking at, several other canvases were placed on the desk.


Liliana, who fixed her eyes on the desk to find out the identity of the painting, trembled as she felt blood draining from her body.  


On the desk was a portrait of a woman who looked so much like herself. She was terribly similar to herself.  No, she resembled herself, when she had been decorated as Ian had suggested. A dark navy dress, braided hair, and a happy smile in front of the piano...….


"This……  What is all this?”  


Her voice trembled with a sense of betrayal.  She didn't love him, but she thought that she could have a trusting relationship with him as a partner.  But while she struggled to forget Noel, he was projecting the woman in the portrait onto herself.  


No, that wasn't enough, he tried to make her like Layla.  He deceived her, saying that she would be prettier to dress to his taste and to put her hair up. When she thought of herself, who had dressed up like his dead lover for his enjoyment while she knew nothing, it made her furious. 


"Ha……  Liliana.  I will explain everything.”


Ian's eyes contorted.  Seeing his expression full of annoyance, Liliana fell into shock.  He looked like a different person as he approached her with navy blue eyes that flashed fiercely.


“I don't know where you heard it, but what you're thinking is probably correct.  I had a lover.”  


"Did you……  Did you really choose me as her substitute?”  


“What do you mean a substitute, Liliana.  It’s not like that.”  


"Liar."  


As Liliana looked him her with disbelief, Ian smirked.  


“Even if I tell you, you won’t believe me, so I’ll tell you the truth.  Now that I am at an age where I cannot postpone marriage, shouldn't I have to look at the heirs that succeed me?  Then I saw you in the temple.  At first, I thought Layla had returned alive.  However, I did research and found out that you were the daughter of Viscount Armand.  So I proposed to you.  I think you can bring me a heir who resembles me and Layla.”


Her head cooled.  Ian wasn't even giving a her a plausible excuse.  She was such an easy target for him...…  Her clenched fists trembled in anger.  As her tears started to block her vision, Liliana scrutinized him.  


“You didn’t even think about hiding it. Were you always this kind of person, Count Alphonse?”  


“Lily, Lily.  I guess you are too emotional right now.  Let’s talk calmly and rationally.”  


Rationally?  Rationally?  The desire to crush Ian's high nose bridge with her fist swelled inside her.  It was hard to believe that this same person who had been courting her with a friendly face just a few days ago had been deceiving her and was saying these things. 


"Is this a situation where I can calm down?"


Ian covered his face with his hand as if frustrated by Liliana's outcry.  


“I don't think it's going to be a loss for you either? With an ample dowry, and a groom like me, this should be more than enough. Lily.


"Ha."




[Previous Chapter] [TOC] [Next Chapter]

Comments

Popular Posts