Delicious Sacrifice - Chapter 19
Delicious Sacrifice - Chapter 19
Miela, who returned to the monster’s castle, told the monster everything that had happened while he was away.
The monster held Miela tightly in his arms on the bed and listened to her stories one by one.
When he heard that Miela woke up in the warehouse after two days, the monster sighed deeply.
“Ah……. I should have just looked for you diligently. I thought you left on your own and so I didn’t go looking for you.”
Compared to Jack’s obsession where he couldn’t give up Miela, who was offered as a sacrifice, and even kidnapped her, the monster’s giving up was gentlemanly.
“No. I didn’t know Jack would do that. Are you really angry because of that?”
“No. I was sad.”
The monster said calmly as they lay next to each other and made eye contact. It would have been less regrettable if he had gotten angry and broken things. Miela’s heart ached even more at the sight of his calm eyes, as if he had given up.
When she stroked the monster’s hair as a consolation, the monster quietly entrusted himself to her touch.
“It’s the first time I’ve cried. I realized later that I was ‘crying’. I thought it was raining from my eyes. The tears just kept coming down.”
“You don’t have to be sad anymore. I won’t go anywhere and will stay here forever.”
“Really? Forever?”
“Forever.”
Miela pressed her lips above the monster’s two eyelids as if she was taking a pledge. She hoped that tears would never flow from those pretty eyes again.
“But you can’t live without eating human food. I want you to live a long life.”
“Um……. This is just a feeling.”
She was still not sure, so she worried, but decided that it would be good to worry with him.
“I think I can eat raw meat now.”
She didn’t know if she could really eat it, but she suddenly thought that it would be delicious if she ate it. After returning to the castle, she kept thinking about the taste of red meat dripping with blood, not charred meat. She didn’t know exactly what it tasted like, but for some reason, she felt like it would be delicious if she ate it.
“Why all of a sudden?”
There was only one reason she could guess.
Miela covered the monster’s face with both hands and smiled brightly.
“Maybe it’s because Serian’s blood is growing inside my stomach.”
At first, the monster didn’t understand what she was saying.
How on earth could blood have entered Miela’s stomach when he had never bled? And blood growing?
After staring at the monster for a while who was in disbelief, Miela finally burst into laughter.
“There could be a baby between me and Serian here.”
“…… Huh?”
The monster asked blankly.
Baby?
It was an unfamiliar word that was rarely related to the monster’s life.
He had seen many beasts’ offspring. He knew that they were difficult to birth and that they were very precious to everyone.
But he didn’t even know that his own offspring could be born.
“Our, offspring?”
Miela burst into another clear laugh.
“Yes, that’s right. Our offspring. That might be why my constitution changed. Maybe, to the same constitution as Serian.”
“Then……, you’ve become like me? And will there be more like me?”
“Maybe?”
The monster burst into tears. This time, tears came out even though he wasn’t sad. Something incomprehensible happened again.
“Oh. I’m not sad, but I’m so happy…….”
“You can cry if you’re so happy.”
Miela spoke with tears hanging from the corners of her eyes.
When their tearful eyes met, tears poured out as if they were exploding. The two hugged each other tightly and wiped away each other’s tears.
“I think I’ll cry for two more days.”
“Me too.”
However, when their eyes, red from tears, met again, this time laughter erupted instead of tears.
Loneliness piles up without you realizing it. Like the snow that falls all night. You don’t even know that snow has piled up until you open the door, and only then do you realize the weight of the accumulated snow when you open the door.
But they were lucky. The bright sun rose shortly after they opened the door, and the snow melted before they could become isolated. Now that sun would never set, and snow would never pile up again.
The monster castle, secretly hidden in the middle of the monster forest, was wide and desolate, but warm.
* * * (read on pink-grapes.blogspot.com)
“…… Serian?”
It was already morning.
Miela, who had been sleeping in Serian’s arms, opened her eyes to the sound of movement.
It wasn’t just Serian moving. She felt more than that, a sharp movement on her skin. She instinctively sensed an intruder.
Miela opened her eyes wide in bewilderment at the sharp sensation she felt for the first time.
“I think someone…… has broken in.…… Is that right?”
“Yes.”
Only then did Serian get up and start moving. The sheet slid down, revealing Miela’s naked body.
“Ah.”
It was still embarrassing to be naked. Miela blushed and quickly pulled up the sheets.
The monster watched her and began to hurriedly put on the clothes he had taken off.
“I’ll kick them out.”
“Just a moment.”
Miela hurriedly got off the bed with the sheets wrapped around her body.
Miela took out clothes that were a little fancier than what they usually wore from the closet and put them on the monster’s body.
The monster gave Miela a puzzled look but offered his body to her. Miela diligently went back and forth to fix his clothes.
“Why?”
The monster asked out of pure curiosity.
Uninvited guests were beings that need to be kicked out. Or killed. There was no reason to dress up for someone who wouldn’t remember them anyway.
Miela smiled and admired the monster’s magnificent appearance.
“Even if it’s only for a short while, you’re going out as the master of the forest.”
“But?”
“If you wear fancy clothes that others can’t wear, you gain dignity.”
The village elder also wore dazzling robes made of colorful threads that had been passed down through generations when something important happened. The clothes that must have come from outside as they were not even similar to what the village weavers tried to make.
People might be more afraid if they wore fancy clothes.
“Then Miela should wear them.”
“Me? I’ll be here.”
“We are going out as the masters of the forest.”
“Uh…….”
Now Miela was no longer a sacrifice to the monster.
She was a companion, a partner, a best friend, a lover, a spouse. A unique being with many meanings that could not be described in a single word. A person who would not be sorry if the entire forest was given to her. Miela had that much right.
“Then Miela should go out with me.”
The monster held out its hand to Miela. It was as cool as a prince asking to dance at a ball.
Miela blushed and tried to put her hand in his, but when she found herself naked and covered with only a sheet, she took it back again.
“I’ll dress up like the owner of the forest and go out.”
Even though the intruders were coming, there was no need to lose composure. The monster would chase them away anyway, and there would be no danger as long as she was by the monster’s side.
When Miela finished dressing up and was escorted by the monster to the castle gate, the intruders were already knocking on the gate to break it down.
The monster’s gate was made of thick stone and iron, so it would not break easily. There were many small holes for animals to enter and exit, but the intruders did not seem to have the time or thought to look for them.
“Monster! Open the gate! Come out, you monster!”
“Let’s defeat the monster! You cowardly monster who only hides!”
The monster snickered. Miela also couldn’t hold back her laughter and let out a chuckle. The world where she looked down on from an absolute position where no one could harm her was incredibly funny.
[Previous Chapter] [TOC] [Next Chapter]
Comments
Post a Comment