Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 15
Dreams of the Holy Knight - Chapter 15
Upon arriving at the temple, Liliana's eyes widened as the Pope and the High priests greeted her. Her shoulders shrank at the sight of high-ranking clerics who could not be easily seen even when she was often in and out of the temple. Pope Urban I came before her and held her two hands.
"Welcome. Saintess.”
“I, I see you, Holy Father. This is Liliana, Viscount Armand’s daughter.”
“I think we have a lot of stories to share. Please come inside.”
"Yes Yes."
Words could not come out properly in an unrealistic situation. Conscious of Noel following her, she followed the Pope to the Papal Office.
When she reached the door of the papal chamber, Noel did not enter, but stood guard at the door so that their conversation would not be interrupted.
Pope Urban I, who guided her to her sofa, informed her of the contents of the oracle.
“An oracle has come down that the flower of Armand will receive the power of the goddess and seal the gates of the underworld. As the Saintess should know, you are the only flower to have inherited the Armand blood.”
"I…… Am I really the saint?”
The pope smiled benevolently when he saw her open-mouthed and pointing a finger at her chest.
"That's right. In the near future, the contents of the oracle and the return of the saint will be announced to the imperial people. Our Saintess must stay here until then, so that she may become familiar with her duties as a saint.”
Duty as a saint? What was that? Firstly, it made no sense to her that she was a saint. Liliana still couldn't believe it. Could it be that the oracle was wrong?
“Holy Father, how about checking again? I am the Saint? I cannot believe it.”
“According to the oracle, Liliana is unquestionably the saint. Only the saints of the past were able to seal the gates of the demon realm.”
“But I……!”
“Have you recently received a divine revelation from the Goddess, or have there been any mysterious incidents? Think carefully.”
There hasn’t been anything? Perhaps the white light that threw Ian and...… And any weird incidents...… the dream where Noel appeared...…?
She thought it was strange all along because she never had such vivid dreams of the same person appearing many times. But such a lewd dream could not be sign from the Goddess...….
She was suddenly ashamed and conscious of the fact that Noel was in front of the door. To have such a dream about a normal person...…. To cool off the burning heat, she answered while fanning herself with her hands.
“Well, there was some strange light coming out of my body.”
“You have awakened your powers.”
The Pope seemed to already know that Liliana had a holy powers. How did he know? Seeing her quavering eyes, the pope smiled as if he understood everything. Frustrated by his kind smile, Liliana shook her head and shouted.
“But I don’t even know how to use my Holy Power! How would I seal the gates of the demon realm?”
“You may be taken aback by this sudden transition. You will soon be able to use your powers freely. Oh, I will attach a priest to the saint so that you can control your holy powers.”
With his kind face, the Holy Father continued to insist that she was a saint. By this point Liliana could no longer argue. The oracle said so...….
But why was she the saint? Her devotion was not very deep, and she knew well that she never had a deep mission to contribute to world peace, so she could not fathom the will of the Goddess.
"I understand."
The Pope looked at Liliana with interest as she nodded her head helplessly. It seemed that a lively person was going to be a saint.
At that moment, heavy footsteps stopped next to him. The Pope's eyes widened slightly at the words of the commander of the Holy Knights that followed.
“I will help the Saintess, Holy Father.”
“Sir Klein?”
“I also had a late manifestation of hold powers, and I can control both holy powers and Aura, so it would be better for me to assist her.”
"Hmm…… yes, let’s do that. There is some truth to your words.”
“I shall do that. Your Holiness."
“Does the Saintess agree?”
Hearing their conversation, Liliana had no choice but to open her mouth. Noel would be teaching me? She licked her lips in embarrassment and then she looked up at him. He smiled as he looked at her.
Liliana was mesmerized for a moment by his handsome face and nodded her head. The Pope had a look of amusement as he fiddled with his white beard.
“Then I will understand that the Saint also agreed. Please wait a little bit as the Saint's residence will be prepared soon.”
"Yes? Yes."
It was hard to take her eyes off of Noel's face. Every time she saw his face, she thought of her dreams and felt guilty, but it was so nice to be close to him like this. It seemed that even the unfortunate incident with Ian had been forgotten. Seeing him smiling in front of her, the Noel in her dream overlapped with reality, and she felt nostalgic for some reason, so Liliana bowed her head and forced a smiled. She must be crazy. How could she be a saint, if he had gone crazy like this?
Noel also couldn't take her eyes off Liliana. At first, he was bewildered and couldn't look at her properly, but no matter how much he look at her, she was the correct person.
Her nickname from the maid was Lily, her crying face in front of the fountain, and the act of her blushing just now at the sight of him, were the same as the woman he saw in his dream.
He was delighted to learn that the woman in his dream actually existed. His blood circulated rapidly throughout his body, and his heart was revitalized. Desire was growing uncontrollably. He didn't care if she didn't know him. He had no intention of letting Lily go.
Soon a priestess came and led her to her residence. The young-looking, brown-haired priestess introduced himself as Jenna, who was overwhelmed with emotion as she guided Liliana.
“I never thought that I would be able to see a Saint in my life! I don't think I'll have any regrets even if I leave for the Goddess now!"
"Haha…… Thank you. Priestess Jenna.”
“This is it! This room has not been used by anyone since Saint Agnes, but it was still being cleaned regularly. Finally, the saint's room has found its owner!”
Liliana was startled to see her own place. Was it okay for a saint's room to be this worldly? It was not any less than a high ranking aristocrat’s room than of the saint's room.
In the antique office, there was a desk that was too big to use alone.
Upon entering the bedroom, there was a luxurious canopy bed, large enough for five people to lie on. The colorful patterns embroidered on the ceiling made her eyes dizzy.
“It’s very flashy.”
“This is the result of reflecting the tastes of the previous Saintess. Please take a good rest. If you need anything, please pull the cord next to the bed. Me and the apprentice priests will come and help!”
"Thank you."
Since this was a saint's residence, she thought it would be a simple and modest room, but her expectations were wrong. Besides, calling the priest with a cord? It was just like living in a noble family, wasn’t it?
Liliana, put behind her nonsensical feelings to some degree as she looked around her room, laid flat on her wide bed and rolled her body around.
“Is it okay for a saint to live such a glamorous life? Well, good is good.”
Her body, which had been tense all the time, soon relaxed and became overpowered with drowsiness. She needed to shower before sleeping...…. As if a heavy weight had been placed on her eyelids, her eyes closed on its own. She fell asleep on her bed, unable to overcome her drowsiness.
* * * (read on pink-grapes.blogspot.com)
[Previous Chapter] [TOC] [Next Chapter]
Comments
Post a Comment